New York State of Mind: Day 3

If you follow me on Instagram or Pinterest or have received an email from me in the middle of the night you already know I rarely sleep and am often wide awake and active at 3am, this trip was no different.  So while the girls slept, I graded papers and answered emails.  That worked fine with the 3 hour time difference, that is until it was time to get up.  When Adrienne woke me up at 7am I gave her the most serious of side eyes.  She was completely unfazed.  In fact, she was unnaturally alert, so much so that I had to ask, “how long have you been up” because I needed to know how long it took her to get so peppy.WHY DID SHE SAY SHE WOKE UP RIGHT BEFORE SHE WOKE ME UP!!! Unnatural I tell you.  LOL. Since I’m not really a breakfast person AND I felt like I’d been hit in the face with a brick I decided to bow out of breakfast and steal a few more minutes of sleep.  Not 20 minutes later I get a text from Candice of this:


So of course I immediately texted back “ok, here I come.”  Luckily the breakfast spot Paris Baguette was right next door to our hotel so I was able to get there pretty quickly.  Let me just tell you, these women are angels.  Not only had they left me some of everything, they had arranged them in order of deliciousness so that my last bite would be the best, YAY me!

Traveling genius Adrienne had arranged for a late check out so after breakfast we decided to do a bit of last-minute shopping before heading to the airport so off we went.


Yes, that’s a ginormous ferris wheel inside of a building with actual people riding on it.

IMG_2327 IMG_2328

Of course I had to take a picture of this larger than life-sized minion in Toys ‘R Us; and yes Adrienne did take a picture with it.



The fellas wanted to be in the picture.


IMG_0146 IMG_0151

They had deep fried Oreo’s here y’all.

I bow down.  New York has their street food game on LOCK.

We did a little more shopping and then headed back to the room to pack it up.  After a slightly scary car ride and many tearful goodbyes, we all took off in separate ways to start the journey home.  By the time I made it through security and to my gate it was lunch time so I decided to keep it simple and grabbed some chicken noodle soup at the Au Bon Pain.


As soon as I turned my phone on in Denver I received several messages that my connecting flight was delayed, 3 HOURS on top of the already 2 hour lay over.  I wanted to cry.  It was late, I was tired, a lot of things in the airport were closed, there were no available plugs to charge my phone and I wanted to be home.


I wandered around a bit until I happened upon this cook to order chinese food place.  Whenever I try a new chinese place I always order Mongolian beef; depending on how the work with that simple, traditional dish, I know automatically whether I’ll ever eat there again.  This was lovely and if I find myself in the Dever airport again I will definitely seek it out.

In short, this trip was jammed packed, fun and food filled and I got to experience it with some of my most favorite people.

3 thoughts on “New York State of Mind: Day 3

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s